Saturday, March 10, 2012

baptism weekend.. best weekend of my life!

I have not been posting very regularly, I am so sorry! Life is so so busy, and finding the time to sit down and write seems to be such a luxury right now. Between all my midterms, and papers and rehearsals, I have finally found the time to sit down and share with you one of the most amazing experiences ever in my life.


I got baptized last Sunday, and I really want to share it with you. I was able to publicly commit myself to a life with Christ, and I was so so happy that so many people came and that I was able to share it with them. I've posted my testimony on my faith tumblr, if you'd like to read it here, but you can also watch it..


I was so so so nervous, but I think it is of utmost importance to share your own story with friends and family! It was definitely the first time I had ever shared it with so many people at once, I have usually only shared my testimony with my closest Christian friends. So that would have also been one of the first times a non-Christian had heard my testimony too! Sometimes I can be incredibly afraid of sharing my faith with a non-Christian.. which I know is silly! But I'm scared! I posted about this earlier this year, and the verse from Romans 1:16 still continues to encourage me everyday. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes."

I was the most shocked and delighted by the response of my closest non-Christian friends, because again, I am not usually very good at sharing with non-Christians.. They were glad they came, enjoyed the service, and were overall really positive and happy!! Not the skeptic responses I kind of came to expect (silly me!).

Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with me! I love you all from the bottom of my heart <3 You are all so so sweet.


Thank you thank you thank you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment