Thursday, March 22, 2012

drink of choice.

Hello my long lost dear friends! Here I am, finally emerging from my hectic student life! These past two weeks have been absolute madness, in the greatest possible way. But today marks the first day in a while, that I am not hiding myself away in the library, or in my room. I finished my last big paper, until exam period. Hurrah! I also have a dance recital today to Saturday.. cannot wait to dance my cares away!

Anyway, in the past month or so of hard hard work, and very little sleep, I have developed a dependency on coffee/caffeine. I used to hate coffee, even despise it. I only started drinking coffee (with hot chocolate though!) last year, but would still only rarely drink it. Now I'm getting to the point where I'm a little groggy and not so functional before I have any coffee.. caffeine dependence!! Yay, I'm a real university student now!


To celebrate finishing my midterms, essays, papers and the like, and also to welcome the surprisingly warm March weather we are experiencing (~15 degrees or above for the past week..!), I went to Starbucks and got myself an Iced Caramel Macchiato today. Sadly enough, I found it unsatisfying. Since it is an iced drink, the caramel syrup does not melt or incorporate itself into the drink, so it just tastes like iced coffee with sporadic caramel syrup interludes. Yeuch.

Also, I still have not found a coffee drink that I really like, and that works for me. I used to get half hot chocolate, half coffee, from Tim Hortons, but found that the hot chocolate never really fully mixed with my drink and was overly sweet. So I switched to half white hot chocolate, half coffee, and that was great!! The two drinks mixed perfectly, and the white hot chocolate isn't as sweet as the hot chocolate, but still masks the bitterness of the coffee. For a while this was the best thing EVER... but now I don't get the caffeine effect anymore. How unfortunate! I don't have a new drink yet.. I might have to stop putting hot chocolate in my drinks, and just suck it up and handle the bitterness.

My love for tea will never die, and I don't think I will ever replace tea with coffee. For a little ECON love, here's my indifference curve when it comes to coffee and tea..

Where t is tea, and c is coffee.
I am willing to give up some tea for a lot of coffee, or willing to give up a lot of coffee for just some tea.


While tea is my first true love, it simply cannot satisfy my caffeine needs. Sad sad days!!

So here I am, on a journey to find a drink that has the right balance of not-too-sweet, not-too-bitter and sufficiently-caffeinated.

#studentproblem

No comments:

Post a Comment