Saturday, October 01, 2011

flowery-tree wall decoration

I am slowly decorating my room, and I finally have a new part to share! The last thing I shared was my jewellery organizer which was more utility than decoration, but still looks nice nonetheless.

I now have a purely-for-decoration tree on my wall! It's beautiful!


Do you remember the napkin flowers I made earlier this summer? Well here they are being used for their original intent.

I created my tree out of bristol board pieces, and attached them to the wall. I'm a big fan of non-permanence, just in case I want to redecorate at any point. Bristol board is much more hassle free than paint (not to mention very cheap). Then I put my flowers on the wall to pull everything together. They (sort of) match my bed, see?


The great thing about the flowers is that I was able to also cover up parts of the bristol board where you could see two different pieces being attached.

Finally, my empty wall is not so empty anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment