Thursday, September 29, 2011

wrapped up in tv premieres

Soooo I'm a little late in posting this, seeing as most of my fall tv shows premiered LAST week, not this week. But that's okay!

Yes, I am a little tv obsessed.. Okay, very tv obsessed. I can't help it, they are so addicting!

Number of tv shows I watched before university: 0-3
Number of tv shows I watch now... 10

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl
Tuesday: Glee, New Girl
Wednesday: Modern Family, America's Next Top Model
Thursday: The Big Bang Theory, Vampire Diaries
..and Chuck isn't back yet. Not until October 21st.

I have realized that I like dramas way more than comedies, and that I hate reality tv shows. I don't particularly like ANTM, yet I still watch it for the photoshoots. Since they started up again my opinion of Gossip Girl, Glee, Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory is just meh.. I continue watching them because there was a time that I love love loved the shows, but now they're just somewhat enjoyable. They have their moments, and sometimes it's just a short, fun escape from life. I think I will always love How I Met Your Mother, and no matter what the episode, I will enjoy it. I'm a little biased.

I'm trying to give New Girl a shot and watching it, but to be honest it really isn't that great. I don't really know the characters' names except for Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Schmidt (the egotistical roommate, whom I really dislike). The plot so far isn't too catching, and the characters really have no value to them so far. They're just kind of there.. you don't fall in love with them or anything. I'm going to give it time and see what I think. Only because I love Zooey Deschanel.

I only just started watching Vampire Diaries because people around me keep talking about it non stop. I knew that as soon as I started watching, I would get hooked. And I am. OH MY GOODNESS IT IS SO GOOD.


Hrgnghrh, I love Daman Salvatore. Yes, even his creepy little eye thing. And the smirk. Maaaan, I always fall for the bad boys. I never crush on celebrities, just tv/movie characters. Eeeeeeeeee.

Sorry this post had absolutely no value to it. Now you know I am a squealing girl who loves tv. Yeah man!

I shouldn't be watching tv during the school year, I should be studying instead! Make it stop!! To be fair, I usually watch my shows in the awkward short breaks between doing things, or while I'm eating lunch or something.

Oh, and according to my FILM240X class, you develop EQ from watching tv. You gain skills for navigating complicated social networks, how to understand things when there are few narrative signposts, or understand multiple narrative threads. So really, I'm getting ready to tackle the large world out there, or maybe just survive office politics.

So really, I am learning.. right?

No comments:

Post a Comment