Sunday, March 09, 2014

finding my way back to Him

To my brothers and sisters in Christ,

I want to share with you a bit about what I've been learning in the past little while. I hope this post can be an encouragement to you. I don't know if anyone reads my blog anymore since I rarely post as of lately.. but I really wanted to share this.

I always need to remind myself again and again of my dependence on God. The hymn Before the Throne of God Above really encourages me, especially these lyrics:
When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.
Okay and basically the rest of the song too, haha. I have been listening to the song on repeat lately, reminding myself to run to God and to bow before Him. I did not want to, and just did not feel like it. Anytime I opened my bible I just felt like I was reading words. It just felt… blah. However, I was reminded recently to do three very important things, always.
  1. Preach the gospel to ourselves always (yourself personally, and to other believers as well);
  2. to remain steadfast in prayer; and
  3. to wait patiently on the Lord.
Feeling super inadequate, I spent some time in prayer, pleading with God. I’ve also been reading a bunch of the psalms, so I just wanted to share these verses with you, Psalm 13:5-6 (NIV):
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me.
So no matter where you are, and what you are feeling, I hope these words can encourage you.

In my denial of my need for God, I am sinning. I am slowly coming to realize, again, that we as human beings kind of suck. We are weak, we fail, and we are super sinful. BUT there is hope in Jesus! God is good, and He is perfect and unfailing. He stands firm and is our rock and salvation. No matter how inadequate we might be feeling about any situation, don’t forget that though we are imperfect, we have a perfect God to look to.

God is good. He gave Jesus on the cross for us, saving us from eternal condemnation. We are His. We are broken, but we are His.

With love,
from a sister who is venturing to find her way to a burning desire to be like Christ,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment