Yeah, I'm sure you already figured that one out from the title of the post.. But anywho, here is what they look like. Mouthwatering good, right?
They were super easy to make, and are inspired by Rosemarie's constant talk about the quesadillas she made from Budget Bytes. Inspired meaning very loosely inspired. I don't think I actually used any of the same ingredients.
- Wrap the chicken breast in aluminum foil and bake it for 20 minutes at 400F. Lower the oven's heat to just 200F once you are done, or if you do the next steps quickly just turn the oven off and keep the door closed.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, shred using two forks. You just kind of scratch at it, and the chicken shreds come off really easily that way. Try to go with the grain.
- Mix in any spices you want. I just put in pepper, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy seasoning. I really love that Mrs. Dash seasonings are salt-free!
- Lay a tortilla on a baking sheet and spread some hummus onto it. Spread the chicken mixture and sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly on top of the chicken. Cover with the other tortilla. Looking good!
- Now, put the quesadilla into the oven to melt the cheese. About 10 minutes, depending how hot your oven is now.
- Once the cheese is melted, take your pan out and cut them however large you want. I cut 6 pieces kind of the same way I would with a pizza.
Oops, I did it in a different order. But that's okay, doesn't really matter in the end haha.
If you are a fan of sriracha (I put it on almost everything!), squirt a little on top of your quesadillas and enjoy! Let's take a closer look.. yummmm!