Saturday, February 18, 2012

a traveller's observations

Hi friends!

I'm currently on my way to Chicago to visit my dear friend Karen, and right now I am sitting in the Porter lounge at the Toronto City Airport. It's beautiful. Actually, it's really strange because it is a general area where anyone can be, so it is kind of loud and busy, very unlike normal business lounges (I have been way too spoiled by my parents and have been to many different Air Canada lounges around the world), but this lounge is way nicer than normal gate waiting areas. There are nice seats, different types of seats, private areas, computers available, drinks and snacks available and just generally quite nice!

I don't know about you, but when I travel I notice all sorts of curious things. This is also due to the fact that I get incredibly bored because travelling does include a lot of waiting. Yayayay, waiting!

Cool things from this morning:
-lots of people were flying to Iqaluit this morning, I think that is mega cool. Also, they were flying with some very stereotypically named Canadian airlines like Bearskin Airlines, ahah. Cool.
-the girl I sat next to had such a shiny engagement ring, and the sun would reflect off of it the entire flight and it was like a disco ball..!! I then closed the window thing cause it was distracting, hmph.
-there was a large football player sitting across the aisle, and the seatbelt didn't fit him, so the flight attendant gave him the demo seatbelt to make the seatbelt longer. He was greatly amused, and I thought it was cute/funny.
-THERE IS A BOY WITH A BRITISH ACCENT SITTING IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I am in love, hahaha :D

This is totally a "I am so bored so I am going to post my thoughts" post. Hehe. Have a great day! I'm off to indulge in some Porter Airlines cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment