Tuesday, November 08, 2011

raspberry swirl cheesecake cupcakes.

Time for some more weekend baking! On Saturday, Henrietta and I made raspberry swirl cheesecake cupcakes! The name is quite a mouthful.

I saw this idea on pinterest a while ago (yeah, I get most of my food ideas from pinterest). It looked very doable, and so Henrietta and I tackled it for our Saturday baking adventures!


For some reason, my camera was not completely cooperating with me, and the pictures are a little blurry. It might have something to do with the poor lighting in my kitchen too. But whatever, I'll take whatever I can get with my point-and-shoot.

My cupcake pan only has 6 spots, so we had to rotate the pan around a whole lot. Bake the crust, bake the cheesecake, and repeat. In all, it was a very long process, but only because we had to repeat so many times.

Henrietta did all the hard work of blending, mixing and scooping. All I did was make the raspberry puree. I was making the avocado fries in the meantime. Together we experimented with the best method of swirling the raspberry puree on the cheesecakes. Since we don't have toothpicks, we resorted to using the backs of utensils, and ultimately a chopstick. Of course! Cause we're asian like that ^-^Y (peace yo). Check out the swirls!


So here it is, project number 2 of the pinterest challenge!


Boy it feels good to complete something I have pinned. Especially something as tasty as this!! We shared them with a bunch of friends. We made so many, but I only ate 1 and a half.. I'm sad. I want more! But I enjoy baking to share, and it was lovely to hear that our friends enjoyed our baking. Sharing is always the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment