Thursday, October 27, 2011

fort not-so-frightening.

"It's not scary, but I was terrified!!"

That's how I described Fort Fright to one of my friends.

Tonight I went to Fort Fright, which is a haunted house type thing at Fort Henry in Kingston. It was fun! But to be honest, it wasn't that scary. I guess I've been to a lot of haunted houses, and this one just didn't cut it for me. There were lots of random gruesome scenes that just made me cringe, but didn't scare me. There were a whole lot of scenes set up with people getting their heads ripped/chopped/falling off, and lots of gory bloody corpses, lots of coffins, but they were all very fake looking. They grossed me out a little though. Ick. And there were lots of random snakes (not real), which bothered me but to a point that it was kind of annoying.

One of my favourite memories of a haunted house has to be at Playland in Vancouver. I was probably a preteen, and it was in the middle of the day, sun out and all.. but the haunted house was amaaazing. It was in a lot of ways a traditional haunted house with dark walls, bright neon lights every so often, people with chainsaws, and slamming doors. But the eeriest room has got to be the polkadotted room. There were glowing polka dots on the walls, and a person in a tight jumpsuit with matching polkadots. They essentially blended in with the walls and would move around and jump out at you. But mostly, follow you along the walls. Sooooo creepy!

I am very easy to scare. But it also means that I can have lots of fun at halloween type events like this.


Hahahahahahaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment