Wednesday, June 15, 2011

go crazy, or go simple.

I don't agree with the saying "Go big, or go home.", I think you can do big, or small. Crazy, or simple. But this actually makes things really problematic..

I'm planning the decorations for my dad's birthday party (it's not even a significant number this year, he has weird friends who want to throw a party.. but I'm not complaining! Parties are great!). However, I don't know whether to do LOTS or little.

The party is this Saturday, and I'm also working on that photobook I mentioned earlier.. so I actually have quite a few creative projects on the loose! I love it! I haven't felt this creative in much too long!

Also, as a side note, this morning I decided that my favourite creative tools are markers and an HB pencil (no mechanical pencil for me; mechanical pencils are for being methodical and writing/taking notes, not being creative..).

Anyway, Pinterest has been a great place for me to find inspiration for decorations.. Check them out:





PS Our colour scheme is blue and white (I'm thinking of throwing some yellow in too, yes/no?)

What do you think I should do? What is cheap, easy, doable, cool, not too obtrusive in the home, appropriate for families (adults, teens and preteens alike!)???

1 comment:

  1. Blue + White, Tiffany Scheme! I love it :) Go BIG. Do something absolutely fabulous. Big doesn't always mean complicated. Put your neverending creativity to use. I look forward to seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete