Wednesday, June 29, 2011

constant web changes..

People are typically outraged when Facebook decides to yet again rearrange everything on the site. Yet we acclimatize so quickly that we even forget what old layouts look like anymore. We learn how to adapt quickly to this fast paced technology driven world.

For me, it's not a big deal when new versions of software come out and they rearrange the buttons (Microsoft Office Suite), or Facebook changes its layout, or whatever it may be.. It's not hard for me to grasp where things have moved, and learn the new features. My parents however, find it a great inconvenience as they take much longer than I do to relocate all their favourite features. And my friends will update their facebook statuses, infuriated about the layout changes.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I'm not often too bothered by changes, as they are inevitable and usually for the better. Inconvenienced, yeah a little. But angry? Never.

However, I'm looking at Google today, and I have to wonder.. Why black?



On their blog, they say that they want "a cleaner look", but the look they have been rolling in (same toolbar on top) has been white/transparent. In my opinion, that is much cleaner than black, and much less noticeable, and therefore much less distracting.


My Gmail banner right now..

It makes me wonder if they are headed towards having black toolbars on all Google product pages, or if it is only black for the initial period to draw attention to the new changes. I think it's staying black, but I hope it is temporary.. Bring back the white toolbar please! It has only been about a month or so, and I have already fallen in love with the beautiful, clean, easily accessible toolbar at the top of all my Google product pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment