Saturday, June 11, 2011

asian snacks.

You can find real treasures at the asian supermarket. They honestly have the most random things! The more obscure the store, the more obscure the things they sell. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. You never know! You can only try.

My new obsession is a Japanese candy called Super Lemon. I tried these when I was younger, but had completely forgotten about them until I stumbled upon them at an asian grocery store in Toronto! Toronto has the best asian food.. seriously.



They really are SUPER LEMON-ey. The initial taste is sour enough to get anyone to make a face. Super sour, becomes sweet. But not too sweet. Just the right sweetness. I'm not normally a big fan of candies (I prefer chocolate), but this candy is just so amusing, I really enjoy it! It gets me every time. So sour!

My brother also told me that every time I eat one, I have to say "Oh! Powerful candy!" as the package indicates. What a jokester.

No comments:

Post a Comment