Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Being a Hobo This Week

My parents left the city for the week, so this week I am bumming at my friend's house, which is actually a lot more convenient than staying home alone. She lives literally two seconds from our school.

The freedom that comes with not having parents home is interesting. The other day, before I had moved in with my friend, my brother and I went out for a leisurely bike ride, and we played badminton in our backyard, and we didn't have parents on our backs constantly pestering. We also watched Slumdog Millionaire which I think is an absolutely genius movie. The way the memories and the overall story are just weaved within each other is very confusing, but absolutely delightful once you comprehend the movie.

Going to school and coming back from school takes no time at all, and this means I get to sleep in by about an hour every morning. It makes everything so very convenient!

Another update on the job search:

I got offered the job with the private company. Only thing is that it is literally on the other side of the city. I'm not sure if I'm taking it or not, I probably will end up taking it. I'll just kill myself everyday wishing I didn't have to travel so far. Fingers crossed that I get a job with the city at the pool that is literally down the street from where I live.

Not much else new in my life for now.

Homeless, but happy,
Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment