Saturday, March 21, 2015

52 hand-lettered project: 10 | 52

[ 10 | 52 ] home is..


This is my favourite piece to date! I had so much fun making this. I used my new dip ink calligraphy pen, and a Speedball B-4 nib. I also played around with ink splatter too. It was generally just a lot of fun to make, and I’m very happy with it!!

When I read the prompt, I naturally thought to complete the sentence with the lyrics from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros’ song Home. It’s such a catchy song. But I actually have a very convoluted idea of home, at the moment. As a student, I move so often that the physical building that I live in changes every year. I make my home, and then I leave and have to make another place my home. So I’m not sure what home is anymore.

But, I am reassured because the Bible tells me that my true home is in heaven with the Lord, “for our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ” (Philippians 3:20).

No comments:

Post a Comment