Wednesday, December 21, 2011

5 days until christmas!

Christmas party was a success!! In a nutshell, it was lots of food, laughter, and fun. We did a gift exchange, and gift stealing was permitted, but none happened. I'm a little disappointed, but it was kind of nice that it worked out in such a way that everyone got good gifts! Clearly, my friends are good at choosing gifts! Hurrah! (I ended up with snowmen salt and pepper shakers, and Laura Secord chocolate. Cute, and yum!)


I would like to share with you the recipe I used for the honey-sriracha chicken wings I made though! They were a hit (yay!) I modified the recipe for the sauce from other recipes I had seen online, and mostly took out a lot of spices that I do not have at home, simplifying it to three ingredients: 1 cup salted butter, 1/2 cup of honey, and 2/3 cup of sriracha. Trust me, it is delicious, and just the right amount of sweet, salt and spice. I love anything with sriracha!! It's my new (and old) best friend. It makes food just that much more exciting!


Funny thing, I only took pictures of the raw chicken, not the cooked ones. I always have that problem, that the food is so good that it is more important to put it in some bellies, than to take a picture! You will just have to use your imagination! The flour serves two purposes, as far as I know. It keeps the chicken meat juicy, and it permits the sauces to cling to the chicken.


Ingredients:
-A lot of Chicken Wings (I think I had ~40)
-Some Flour (enough to coat the wings)
-2/3 cup Sriracha
-1/2 cup Honey
-1 cup Salted Butter

Directions:

Chicken:
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Wash the wings, and cover with flour before setting on a lined cookie sheet.
3. Bake the wings for 20 minutes, or until cooked.

Sauce:
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
2. Add the honey and sriracha, stir until incorporated.

You can then cover your chicken wings in the delicious sauce, or I served it as a dipping sauce. The problem with the dipping sauce method is that if not used immediately, the sauce will separate. So enjoy promptly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment