Friday, October 07, 2011

happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I hope your weekend is full of family, friends, turkey, and fun! The only thing in that list that doesn't start with an f is turkey. And it's also the only thing in that list that I am likely to not get.

Everyone has a different way of celebrating Thanksgiving, and turkey just isn't a big part of my family's thanksgiving celebrations. We have it.. sometimes. But mostly it just means family time and being together. Under the same roof anyway.. I'm back home in Ottawa for the long weekend, yay! We can only handle so much of each other though and we are already each sitting at our own computers, immersed into our own lives (gaming, watching videos, blogging ... guess which one is me!!?!). Our meals are always fun times though. We had Swiss Chalet for dinner today (close enough to turkey.. right?) and sushi and dim sum are planned for this weekend too. I can't wait!

I am so thankful for my family, for their love and for the yummy food they put in my belly. A break from my poor cooking skills is well needed.

How do you celebrate Thanksgiving, or do you? What are your plans for this long weekend? Lots of food? Turkey or no turkey? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment