Tuesday, August 30, 2011

vacation (part 1: new york city)

I am back from my trip! And I had a wonderful time. New York City is really one of the greatest cities in the world. This was my third visit, but we still had so many new things to do and see.

I went to Central Park for the first time, it was amazing how empty and serene the park was, and how BIG it is! Right in the middle of the city, there is such a treasure. Though it was also a rainy day, but the rain stopped when we biked through. I wonder how crowded it is on a sunny day though. I think it would be so nice to have an escape from the crazy city, all the cars and people and noise. I love the city, but I hate people. It's ridiculous how many people there are in that city! It gets so crowded.

Me on the famous Central Park Mall, featured in lots of movies.

A beautiful fountain in Central Park

I saw Anything Goes on Broadway with my brother, and it was very amusing. And very themed too! We were about to go on a cruise, and we just watched a musical that takes place on a ship! I also saw Cirque du Soleil and saw the Clintons there, as I mentioned last week. Spectacular show! What are the chances that my camera battery died right before we spotted the Clintons though. No proof, but I swear it happened.

In the city, we also went up the Empire State Building (a little overrated), toured the Radio City Music Hall (beautiful!), went on a movie/tv tour of NYC (I am not a big enough movie/tv buff to know many of the places), went shopping on 5th Avenue and in SoHo, ate cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery (I don't really know what the big fuss is, it's a really great bakery, but I'm not sure I know why it's so special) and just generally hung out in Times Square.

It was a beautiful day in Times Square!

Our Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes, yumm..

New York City is beautiful (and blurry, haha oops!) at night!

On the steps of the Met!

No comments:

Post a Comment