Saturday, July 09, 2011

canada weekend part 2

I already talked about my Canada day and seeing the royals in this previous post, but that was just the start of my weekend... there's more!

The next day we went to the beach and met up with some second years from Queen's who were also visiting Ottawa for the weekend. I got the chance to try a Baja Burger, which was voted #1 burger in CTV's search for the best burger in Ottawa! I have to agree, definitely the best burger I have ever eaten. They put garlic butter on their buns, and the meat is just something else. So tender, and so good. It was nice to see the second years there, and I got a little sunburn as a souvenir.

We also had a potluck with them for dinner, before I headed off to a friend's birthday celebration that night. The big one-nine! It was great to see soo many people from both high school and university I hadn't seen in a while.

The next day, I woke up early for church, ate lunch at a new restaurant in chinatown and hung out with church friends, went downtown, walked some more, had a little driving adventure with my friends (we somehow ended up in Quebec, and I had the lovely privilege of directing us around the streets of downtown to get back to where we wanted to be - it was a fun adventure actually!), tried a new restaurant in chinatown with my family, went to Bluesfest orientation with my brother (he is volunteering, I plan to just enjoy the festival), and celebrated another friend's birthday in the evening!!

Talk about a packed weekend. It was certainly fun, but I am incredibly tired now. I don't actually know how I woke up early every morning, stayed on my feet, and still managed to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment