Wednesday, August 01, 2012

courses courses courses.

My blog description reads, "Simply Steph is a blog about crafts, food, and the life of a university student". But I rarely talk about my university experience.. Except for that very excited update about switching programs!

Since I'm so excited about my program switch, I thought I'd give you a little update about some of the courses that I'm most excited to take!

In the fall term, I'm taking pharmacology, which I've wanted to take since first year, but it has somehow either been forgotten, or not been able to fit into my schedule. It'll be interesting to learn about drugs, their effects and everything that goes with them.

In the winter, I'm taking health promotion, politics of health and illness and hopefully global health. I heard the professor who is teaching the politics of health course speak at an event last year; she talked to us about the politics behind the pink ribbon campaign. I found it very eye-opening. There's actually a movie Pink Ribbons, Inc. based on her book.. I'm going to have to check it out, you should too!

All in all, I'm pretty excited for some of the courses I'm taking! I also have about a million spaces for electives, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to take. Generally I would want to take courses that I like as electives, but since my program is what I like.. my core courses are the courses I would choose! Ah well. I'm pretty happy with what I am taking. I'm excited to see what my courses will be like!

No comments:

Post a Comment