Saturday, July 21, 2012

one small prayer.

I recently tweeted this simple, innocent snippet into my life:
@stephkoanie
It always amazes me how one tiny hair clip can hold all my hair up in a bun. #powerofahairclip
It amazes me, so much. This one tiny clip that normally has so much trouble holding up any of my hair at all was holding all of my hair in a cooperative bun. Well that's just so weird! One clip, against the thick unruly hair on my head, and it won?! I like this clip, I like it a lot.

It got me thinking about how small things can make big differences, and reminded me of the butterfly effect. This in turn got me thinking about the power of prayer.

The second part of James 5:16 reads, "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective". It is hard sometimes to remember how powerful our God is, and how powerful his response to our small prayers can be.

I am so small, and my prayers feel so insignificant, but I will keep praying. I am praying for peace, purpose and growth. I would be happy to pray for you too, just please let me know.

Keep praying your prayer; God will fight for you.(Exodus 14:14, Deuteronomy 1:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment