Thursday, May 17, 2012

chocolate peppermint shortbread cookies.

Sounds delectable, right?


I had a sudden urge to bake, and could not find my vanilla extract but I did find my mint extract. I'm starting to wonder if I left my vanilla extract in my old apartment in Kingston, along with my baking soda.. I was intent on making chocolate chip cookies but was missing those two ingredients. I was not feeling adventurous enough to try substituting things, so instead I turned to Google and found this recipe from Land O Lakes!

I am not going to repost the recipe because I didn't make any changes.. but I did want to share it with you because it is a) easy, b) tasty and c) looks very pretty.

I love pretty much mint anything, so this recipe is a big success in my books. This is a keeper!

I skipped the drizzle part, and I'm sad that I did because I think it would make the cookies look that much fancier. But they are very cute as is.

Feast your eyes!


I didn't have my wire rack so I used chopsticks instead. Asian style cookie cooling!


I tried to style my photo a bit.. not sure if food photography is my cup of tea, but how's this?


Or is this one better?


Which of those shots looks better to you? I am going to try to present my photos better from now on, even if it means I have to wait to eat..!

4 comments:

  1. CHOPSTICKS = a genius idea!!!!!!

    you have just solved all my baking dilemmas. i don't have a wire rack but i have SO MANY chopsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Chopsticks are the answer to any problem!

      Delete
  2. i think the first picture! maybe next time try to make it so the front stuff is in focus and the back is a little blurry? i think that looks good. i don't really know how to do that though, haha. macro setting maybe? or changing the f thingy, but i don't know which direction you're supposed to change it

    /useless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Nah, not useless. Definitely need other perspectives. I guess I should start using the DSLR and learning how to use it.. I mostly still use my point and shoot on digital macro and can't change the aperture/f-stop or shutter speed (or maybe I can and don't know how to use my camera, who knows).

      Delete