Sunday, February 05, 2012

turkey meatballs with tomato honey garlic sauce.

I've been having a mad meatball craving for the past while, and so I decided to make meatballs for a potluck I went to tonight! Yumm! I'm so glad I did. Check, craving satisfied!

Sooo I took a few recipes I found from Budget Bytes, AllRecipes and elsewhere and mixed them all up together to make a recipe that I liked, using easy ingredients I mostly already had..

Meatballs:
½ onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 lbs ground turkey
3/4 cups bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Onion powder, basil and oregano to taste

Sauce:
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce

1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Cook the onion and garlic in a pan until they are soft.
3. In a bowl, add the ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, parmesan cheese, spices and the cooked onion and garlic.


4. Using your hands, mix until it is an even, homogenous mixture.


5. Shape into small balls about 1 inch in diameter, and place on a pan. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until the meat is fully cooked.


6. While the meatballs are baking, add garlic and butter to a saucepan, and cook until tender. Stir in the ketchup, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add meatballs and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat.


PS. I finally removed the Blogspot banner at the top of my blog. Didja notice? :)

1 comment:

  1. "Sooo I took a few recipes I found from Budget Bytes, AllRecipes and elsewhere and mixed them all up together to make a recipe that I liked, using easy ingredients I mostly already had.."

    story of my life.

    nice job! they look tasty!

    ReplyDelete