Tuesday, December 18, 2012

eighteen.

Tuesday 18: Favourite childhood Christmas memory
I have always been a bit of a perfectionist, and I loove Christmas traditions. They are just so much fun, but you gotta do it right!!

Now, my family isn't very into parties, or planning elaborate things at all. So it has always been up to me to set things up. It was one of my favourite responsibilities to put out the cookies and milk for Santa and the carrots for the reindeer the night before Christmas. I would make sure all the stocking were hung straight and attached to the fireplace. Basically, I ran around the house making sure everything was just right.

And in the morning, before opening presents we would light a tealight to represent Jesus Christ. I don't think I understood what it meant, but I was taught at school that we were supposed to light it. And I liked lighting it because we never had candles at home. Even though it was just a tiny tealight, the light and warmth made me feel happy. It was a cute little tradition that we followed, and that I enforced.

Can you just imagine, a little me running around making sure all of Christmas happened just right? Ahah. Bits of that little me still exist. I love planning, and I love Christmas.


This picture has nothing to do with my post, but it's from when I was little, and that looks like a Christmas book. Close enough?

What a fun trip down memory lane.
Saturday 1: What is the significance of Christmas to you?
Sunday 2: Make a handmade Christmas card
Monday 3: Share from devotions
Tuesday 4: Take a picture of your city dressed up for Christmas
Wednesday 5: Go to the library
Thursday 6: Share from devotions
Friday 7: Treat self to a Starbucks holiday drink
Saturday 8: Write a letter to Santa!
Sunday 9: Share a cup of peppermint hot chocolate with a friend
Monday 10: Share from devotions
Tuesday 11: Share your favourite Christmas movie
Wednesday 12: Favourite Christmas song, why?
Thursday 13: Share from devotions
Friday 14: Do sit-ups for the length of a Christmas song
Saturday 15: Bake Christmas cookies
Sunday 16: Go to the gym, relax and de-stress
Monday 17: Share from devotions
Tuesday 18: Favourite childhood Christmas memory

Wednesday 19: Spend time at the campus coffeeshop
Thursday 20: Share from devotions
Friday 21: Movie night
Saturday 22: Cook a meal for the family
Sunday 23: Celebrate Christmas with close friends
Monday 24: Family festivities
Tuesday 25: Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment